Sunday, April 12, 2009

potential burger excitement


I went to Freshness Burger next to Hino station today. I usually don't go to freshness burger, because they don't have much I want to eat. But I was tired, having just walked 11 kilometers around Tachikawa and Hachioji, looking for caches near the river.

I ordered the coffee (it's organic - one nice thing about FB is that they have a few og things on the menu) and a small fried potato. Then I noticed an advert on the cash register screen: they were announcing the release of a new category of burger at FB. A vegetable burger~

I asked the cashier about it, and he said it wasn't out yet, but would be made of tofu and avocado and things like that. I asked him if there was any meat at all in it, and he said there wasn't.

I hope hope this is true! I'm very excited to have a potential new spot to get a new spin on a veggie burger! And it's always encouraging to find more places with veg options. It's so hard here sometimes...

The vegetable burger debuts Monday, April 20th.

2 comments:

  1. Whoa!! Have you tried it yet??
    I know there's a veggie burger at Mos burger. The bun is made of rice and in the inside is gobo and carrot and sesame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie,
    I love Mos! I love how they write the origin of their produce on chalkboards, like, "Lettuce: Mr Yamada in Gunma". So rad.

    The Freshness burger is not bad. It tastes like what it is, tofu and veggies in a patty. And it has milk and eggs in it, which I'm not thrilled about, but I'm not vegan, so it's okay for me. It's just nice to have another option. Slowly but surely...

    ReplyDelete